The client is a British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer headquartered in England.
Understanding the Challenge
The retailer was relying on Excel sheets and emails for its product release management cycle. These manual processes hampered collaboration amongst stakeholders, were error-prone, and lead to a high time to market.
Xebia’s Strategy and Solution
As a part of the digital transformation strategy for the retail giant, Xebia developed a flexible, easy-to-use web application for portfolio managers to collaborate with suppliers/partners and to launch, induct and append products quickly as per client’s business needs and product standards.
Java Script, Node JS, MongoDB, Apigee, React, GraphQ
- The Xebia Team built a centralized global online application that could handle the entire lifecycle of product launch from ideation, design, discussion to market rollout.
- An entire workflow was developed to cater to requirements of product launch, including ideating a product, reviewing, setting meetings, approvals, rejecting products, adding suppliers, and more.
- Access level permissions were defined at each level to maintain the entire product workflow for suppliers and portfolio managers operating from different geographies.
- The team also implemented considerable automation at various levels to make the deployment, testing, and release of the web application seamless.
- Implemented industry standard coding guidelines such as unit testing, linting.
- Accelerated time to market for product release from months to weeks.
- Improved the estimation exercise of the product thereby improving the delivery in terms of quality and time.
- Improved collaboration between suppliers and portfolio managers.